It's no secret that most women have a love-hate relationship with their nipples. On one hand, they can be incredibly sensitive and provide a lot of pleasure. On the other hand, they can also be a source of pain (think: cold weather, poorly fitting bras, and chafing). And then there's the issue of them being visible through clothing. For many women, this is their biggest concern—especially when it comes to summertime fashions like tank tops and sundresses. That's where nipple covers come in!
Trying to find the perfect nipple cover can feel like a daunting task. With so many different types, sizes, and shapes on the market, it's hard to know where to start. But never fear—we're here to help! In this blog post, we'll walk you through everything you need to know about shopping for the perfect nipple cover. By the time you're finished reading, you'll be a pro at picking out the right style for your needs.
What Are Nipple Covers?
Nipple covers are small adhesive discs that are placed over the nipples in order to prevent them from being visible through clothing. They are also sometimes referred to as "nipple pasties." Most nipple covers are made from silicone or cloth and have a special adhesive backing that keeps them in place.
What Does the Nipple Cover Do?
Nipple covers are small pieces of fabric that cover the nipples. They can be round or petal-shaped, and they're usually made from silicone, cloth, or gel. Nipple covers come in many different sizes, colors, and shapes. You can even find some that are decorated with rhinestones or other embellishments!
Nipple covers can be worn for a number of reasons. Some people wear them to feel more comfortable in their own skin. Others wear them to make their clothing look better. For example, if you're wearing a sheer shirt or going bra-less under a tank top, nipple covers can prevent your nipples from showing through.
Nipple covers can also be worn for practical reasons. If it's cold outside and you don't want your nipples to get chapped, or if you're going to be swimming and don't want your nipples to show through your bathing suit, nipple covers can solve those problems too.
The Origin of Nipple Covers
French women, who have been advocating natural beauty, are the first to introduce the braless trend, which they believe is the only way to feel comfortable without underwear.
French women believe that it's not elegant if the line of underwear will affect the outer clothing. It is even more indecent if other people see underwear under transparent clothing.
That's why many women in France ditch their bra for dinner or sports. They do this by wearing a coat without a bra and putting tape on their nipples, known as "nipple patches." It keeps the breast shape without losing the elegance.
Different Types of Nipple Covers
- silicone nipple cover
- cloth nipple cover
- gel nipple cover
- lace nipple cover
- One is about the size of a bra but without straps. Two pieces cover about half of the breast and then buckle in the middle to create a cleavage. It looks great in a halter top
- There is the other kind of nipple cover that is so small that it only goes on the nipple area. It's usually used when you're not wearing a bra, but you don't want others to see the outline of your nipples through your clothes.
Silicone nipple covers are the most popular type because they're reusable and easy to clean. Cloth nipple covers are less expensive but they're not as durable as silicone ones. Gel nipple covers are the least popular type because they can be difficult to remove and they're not as durable as silicone or cloth nipple covers.
How to wear nipple covers?
Wearing nipple covers is easy! Just follow these simple steps:
1) Start by cleansing your breasts with soap and water. This will help the adhesive stick better.
2) If you're using silicone nipple covers, place them over your nipples and press down lightly to create suction.
3) If you're using cloth or gel nipple covers, place them over your nipples and use double-sided tape or fashion adhesive to keep them in place.
4) Once the adhesive has dried, put on your shirt or dress and enjoy your day!
When selecting a size for your nipple covers, keep in mind that they should only be large enough to cover your nipples—you don't want them to be too big or too small. If you're unsure what size to get, it's always better to err on the side of caution and go with a larger size rather than a smaller one. When in doubt, ask a salesperson for help! And remember: practice makes perfect. The more you wear nipple covers, the easier it will become to apply them correctly.
How to Take Care of Your Nipple Cover
If you take care of your nipple covers properly, they should last for several uses. Silicone nipple covers can be washed with soap and water after each use. Cloth nipple covers should be washed by hand in cool water with mild detergent; do not machine wash them or put them in the dryer because this could damage the fabric. Gel nipple covers should be replaced after each use since they cannot be washed without damaging them. Regardless of what type of nipple cover you have, always allow it to dry completely before storing it away so that mold does not have a chance to grow on it.
Can I Wash My Nipple Cover?
There are two common types of breast patches, one that is adsorbed on the breast by air pressure and another that is directly attached to the breast.
The former type of breast paste, due to the role of air pressure, the smooth and airless breast paste tightly adsorbed in the breast, easy to make the breast pressure, edema, whitening, nipple inversion, and even allergies;
The latter is attached to the breast through a gel-like thing, long-term use will appear similar to the side effects of creams, making the skin itchy, red, and even ulcerated, and allergic skin with such a breast patch, the consequences are imaginable. Therefore, the breast patch should only be used occasionally, not instead of a bra long-term use, otherwise it is likely to affect the beauty and health of the breast.
Breast stick COMMON HAVE TWO KINDS, ONE KIND IS TO rely ON air PRESSURE adsorption on the breast, STILL HAVE one kind is to stick directly on the breast.
The former milk patch, due to the effect of air pressure, smooth and airtight milk patch tightly adsorbed in the breast, easy to make the breast pressure, edema, white, nipple retraction, and even allergy;
The latter is stuck to the breast by something similar to glue. Long-term use will have side effects similar to plasterings, making the skin itchy, redness, and even ulceration. The consequences of allergic skin with such milk paste are even imaginable. Therefore, breast patch should only be used occasionally, can not replace the long-term use of bra, otherwise it is likely to affect the appearance and health of the breast.
The nipple cover should be cleaned with alcohol cotton or washed with warm water, and then dried naturally. Washing machine or rubbing is strictly prohibited.
Are Nipple Cover bad for Your Health?
Nipple cover is mainly used to cover the nipple and areola, to achieve beautiful, safe effect. Many fashionable girls choose to use nipple covers, but the use of nipple covers will also bring certain harm to girls.
The adhesive effect of nipple cover is usually divided into two kinds, one of which relies on negative pressure to adsorb nipple cover on the breast. This kind of nipple cover is smooth but not breathable. In the process of use, not only the skin of the breast can not breathe normally, but also make the breast oppressed, hinder blood circulation, breast edema, skin whitening, causing discomfort. Due to the different constitutions of individuals, users with sensitive constitutions may have skin allergies. After prolonged use, the accumulation of sweat between the nipple patch and the skin is easy to breed bacteria.
Another kind of nipple cover is attached to the breast in the form of self-adhesive. Long-term use will produce skin itching, redness, sensitive skin will produce allergic phenomenon.
Precautions on the use of nipple cover
- Do not touch the pasting part with towels and clothes, because the wool will be tangled with the pasting part. But if something falls in, stick it on the part and pick it up carefully with your fingers. Avoid clothes that are prone to shedding.
- When cleaning, do not use nails, brushes or other things other than the palm to clean, otherwise it will cause damage
- Do not use alcohol, bleach or other chemicals to wash. You only need soap and warm water.
- Do not try to remove the mucous membrane, you will damage the product.
- Avoid sharp objects contact, if you are really accidentally punctured, with a small piece of strong adhesive breathable tape adhesive can stop cracking. 6, cleaning only with soap and warm water, natural dry, and restore viscosity. Without the intimate design of shoulder belt and back buckle, no matter which kind of dress all let you leave no trace. So, as long as you pay attention to the above points then you worry about the problem easily solved!
- because the milk paste is not stick to the body, so it is always not as comfortable as cotton underwear, should not be used as a common choice.
- Breast patch is a fashionable and avant-garde feminine product, which can replace the shielding function of underwear and bra when pasted on the breast. It has its uniqueness, but it also has certain health risks. Experts remind everyone to choose according to the sensitivity of their skin. It is best not to use breast patch for sensitive skin.